Sunday, November 4, 2007

Kota Kinaba who?

Kota Kinabalu and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2003

My dad had a business trip in Kota Kinabalu. I just graduated from college, no job yet, so what the heck!- my mom and myself joined him in Kota Kinabalu, then we met up with Mark in Kuala Lumpur.

Kota Kinabalu is the state capital of Sabah, which is the 2nd largest state of Malaysia. Sabah is very near the Philippines .. so close that the Philippines and Malaysia have a dispute on the legal claim of the island.

Sabah is very rich in natural resources - it is one of the wealthiest oil producing countries and is located in the same area as Brunei. Hence, the dispute! (Kaching!)

Kota Kinabalu actually meas Mount Kinabalu which has the highest peak in Southeast Asia. I regret not climbing it, I was having too much fun by the beach and island hopping. A tip for anyone who reads this: CLIMB MT. KINABALU! :)



The Petronas Twin Towers and Sepang International Circuit can be found in Kuala Lumpur.



Nothing beats Manila.

No comments: